How are you doing?
Hey friends, just checking in! Last week was the kids first day of school for many, but it surely wasn’t the normal first day we’re used to, am I right?! I personally have a 3-year-old and 9-month-old that I decided to send back to daycare. Luckily classroom size can be managed and they are taking many precautions. Temp checks, separate shoes for indoors and every little detail you can think of. The reality for many is staying home is not an option. These are trying times to begin with and now adding the responsibility of having to stay home and be what many parents said, “their children’s personal assistant,” is a lot on us! Whatever you decide, you’re doing what’s right for your family and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise!
Whether your sending your kids back to school or staying home, here are a couple tips to maintain your sanity : )
- Don’t forget about you! Get up an hour early for “you” time. Have your coffee in peace, workout, or do whatever you need to do to start the day.
2. Have a routine! Even if you have to make a visual board or calendar to stay organized, do it! Let the kids help you. (photo is linked with DIY)
3. Meal prep/pack lunches for the week! It will allow them to stay independent and grab it themselves. (Photo is linked w/ ideas)
4. Remember this is new for the kids too, so patience is key. Easier said than done, but you can do it!
5. Lastly, keep in touch with your fellow parents. They know what you’re going through. You can share ideas or vent! Moral support helps a lot.
Just know here at Soy Delicious we know what you’re going through! We get it! So, light your favorite Soy Delicious Candle and relax, you’ve got this!
Use Promo Code: YOUGOTTHIS for 15% off your purchase of $60 or more. Some exclusions apply.