Taking time to recharge, unwind, and indulge yourself is a must. But going to your favorite spa isn’t always an option. Instead, an at-home spa treatment is just what you need!
We’ve put together a list of at-home spa ideas so you relax, rejuvenate, and create a blissful spa day.
Get ready to treat yourself!
Set the mood
Spas are amazing because they know how to set the mood for different spaces using lighting and sound.
You’ll want to do the same for your home space when setting up an at-home spa day.
So whether you’re keeping your spa day in your bathroom or letting spill out into your bedroom, make sure to do the following:
- Clear any clutter that will keep you from relaxing. If you’re obsessing over a pile of laundry, you won’t get to fully recharge.
- Get out your best and softest towels & bathrobe. You deserve to luxuriate in top-quality linens.
- Dim the lights or pull the curtains. You want your space to feel intimate and cozy.
- Play calming music or nature sounds. Whatever you prefer, so long as it’s soothing.
- Light a few scented candles for an aromatic atmosphere. Calming scents like lavender, eucalyptus, peppermint, and chamomile are popular choices for their relaxing properties.
- Turn off your electronics. It’s tempting to scroll social media while soaking, but instead, shut your phone down and pick up your favorite book or magazine. Or just close your eyes and float.
Get some snacks
Lay out a little spread for yourself to snack on during or after your at-home spa day. Think about putting together snacks like fruit & nuts or a small cheese platter with all your favorites.
You can even add an array of herbal teas to enjoy. If you prefer something cold, turn your favorite tea into iced tea or make a pitcher of water flavored with cucumbers & mint.
Treat your face
A great at-home spa idea is to give yourself a facial. A good facial includes cleansing, exfoliating, and nourishing your skin. Use your favorite skin care products or put together a few DIY options.
And don’t forget the cucumber slices! Cooled cucumber slices do wonders to reduce puffiness and refresh your eyes. If you don’t have any cucumber, try cooled chamomile tea bags or gel eye masks.
Treat your hair
A spa day at home is the perfect time to give your hair some deep-conditioning love.
You can use a deep conditioner or hair mask – whichever you prefer. Or can make your own using natural ingredients like coconut oil, honey, or avocado to nourish and hydrate your tresses.
Treat your body
Take a nice long soak in a warm bath using bath salts, essential oils, or bath bombs. As you let all that steamy goodness soak into your muscles, use the time to sip on a cool drink, listen to soothing sounds, and read. Or meditate. Whatever you prefer!
Before getting out, gently exfoliate your body using a homemade scrub. Or use our sustainably crafted, natural Sugar Scrub.
Nourish your skin
After you finish your bath, restore moisture to your skin by applying a lotion or moisturizer.
You deserve to be pampered!
So start planning your next at-home spa experience.
The key is to create a relaxing environment that promotes a calm mind and body. And customize these spa day ideas to fit your preferences – because it’s all about you!